“The most important period of life is not the age of university studies,
but the first one, the period from birth to the age of six.”
– Maria Montessori
- Robust Montessori curriculum with an emphasis in Mathematics and Reading
- Cozy and home-like
- Safe and secure outdoor play area
- Instilling critical-thinking and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional teacher-to-student ratio
- Warm & nuturing
- Instilling self-discipline and independent learning that will last a lifetime
- Didactic learning materials
- Organic & clean
- Montessori Work Period (the children may eat their snack at any moment during this timeframe)
- Circle time (Calendar, Montessori Lesson, Class Discussions)
- Prepare for Lunch
- Outdoor Play & Activities
- Prepare for Dismissal of Half-Day Program
(optional and at an additional cost)
- Wash up / Music & Movement / Story-time
- Extended Care Activities & Outdoor Play
- School closes
Outdoor activities include puppet shows created by the children, dramatic play, easel painting, chalk art, playdough activities, messy art projects, outdoor games and free play. Outdoor play is weather permitting. During extreme weather conditions, the children may have an extended Montessori work period.
Dr. Maria Montessori designed the classroom environment to allow children freedom of movement and choice. In an authentic Montessori classroom, the teacher is the observer, gently guiding students as needed and ensuring that the classroom environment is peaceful and respectful. It is the children themselves who direct and control their learning, choosing the work that sparks their interest and following it to completion. In doing so, children gain a sense of autonomy and independence, as well as intrinsic sense of motivation and the desire to learn. Many people are surprised at how peaceful and quiet the classroom is the first time they see an authentic Montessori class in action. Children are observed during their work activities as performing quietly, intently and happily in small groups or alone. They may be seen working on the button frame, binomial cube, ten board, or they may be seen cutting fruits or vegetables as a classroom snack. Children and teachers treat each other respectfully and work together as a community. It is truly a sight to see!
Children learn best when they feel loved, safe and supported. Our school provides a homelike setting, completed with quality and developmentally appropriate materials that propel children to acquire confidence, self-motivation and independent learning, which in turn will carry them through a lifetime.